Saturday, August 16, 2008

11 Days...

Since I've made a post. Wow, sorry. A lot to update on, and not much time. Grand Canyon was incredible. I highly recommend it to any of you who haven't been there. I don't know if anyone else can claim that they skated alongside the Grand Canyon, a pretty cool experience for sure. I rested for two days in Williams to try to heal my knee, which has been bothering me since the beginning of Arizona, and it sort of worked. Sam and Billie were two of the most giving and interesting people I have met on this trip, so it was hard to leave. I discovered how to make the knee not hurt for about the first half of each day, so I've been chugging through. Right now, I'm in Brawley, CA, but will not officially be here until tomorrow. As of tomorrow, I will have under 150 miles to go. If the wind cooperates, I think my body will be fine, but today it was blowing pretty hard. I estimate that I have about 4 days left, which is exciting, weird, challenging, and not much. By the way, it hits about 115 here, and that's cool for this time of year. I probably won't make another post until I'm done, so thanks so much for keeping up with my trip!

No comments: