Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuba City

What a great name. I have skated long and hard to get here. Saturday and Sunday were both about 70 miles. I slept in a stable next to a horse on Saturday night(which was really pretty cool). I was really lucky in finding a family to stay with on Sunday night, and got to see monument valley. Needless to say, I was pretty tired yesterday, so I took a short day to a town called Black Mesa, which is pretty much a store. I was all set to just camp outside of the store when I ran into Jeff(I'm guessing that's the right spelling), the youth pastor of a church in Pennsylvania who is leading a mission trip this week in Arizona. He invited me up for dinner, and I met a lot of interesting and enthusiastic young adults. I camped out there, and slept OK. Tonight, I got a real good deal at the Quality Inn here, thanks to Iva, who thinks I'm crazy, and is probably correct. Hotel! I'll write again the next time I find an internet cafe.........ha.

No comments: