Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Desert?

I think I'm in what they call the high desert now, but it's pretty green. I've got about two and a half days left in New Mexico. The roads in this state have continued to be pretty bad, but I've made it through the worst of it and now I'm on a nice smooth road. Ahhhh. The scenery changes very quickly here, and I've passed through the red cliffs and into the brownish ones. I got a chance to see Santa Fe two days ago with one of my mom's friends, and its a place that's worth checking out. Also provided by Andrew and his wife Michaela was the best steak I've ever had. Period. Thanks guys! And also, a big thanks to Pauline and Ivan Chacon for dinner, pets, and board, and Karin, Tom, and Danny for a lot of fun in Taos(I've probably already mentioned this in the previous blog, and discover this upon hitting "publish post" but will be too lazy to come back and change it). So anyway, tomorrow I'm off to Bloomfield, where I will be picked up by the Honigs(some friends from New Canaan) and taken to their house in Durango. There I will plan the rest of my trip, and will probably decide between ending in San Francisco as originally planned, or San Diego, which might make a little more sense from where I am.

1 comment:

CP said...

wow, it really does sound like youre making some great time. maybe even fast enough to spend the rest of the summer recovering

rock on!