Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weeeeee're Off to See the Wizard

Well, after a good night's sleep. Dorothy's house (Wizard of Oz) is apparently just off the route I'm taking into Liberal, KS, so I think I'll at least get a picture of that and maybe take a tour. I took a day off for planning in Wichita, and it looks like I'll be going through the top of New Mexico and some of Arizona before I get back on my route. Skating has been pretty good until today, which was very windy, but still not too bad. I met Joe Rehana last night, who battled 30 mph winds all day to make the meeting possible! We spent a few hours at a bar and grill last night, and all in all he is a really cool guy. Again, check out his website if you have a chance, www.joetrek.com. We can say at this point that skates have crossed the country, though I guess he's done it all on his own once before. I've got to figure out a way to get pictures up like he does. Anyway, not too much interesting to describe in Kansas besides the people I've been staying with, as it's pretty much flat nothingness after flat nothingness and a town here and there. Alan, despite being a self-described non-entertainer, gave me a real good time in Pratt, KS. A full tour, classy dinner, additional tour of the parks, and dessert was included. A really pretty town and a super nice guy, though his cat was a bit bipolar. Tonight I am staying with Harry and Barbara Fink, who are extremely nice and interesting people and great to talk to. I'm pretty pooped after the wind so I'm no fun tonight, but they have been successful in lifting me up a bit, particularly with the homemade ice cream they provided(Thank You!).

1 comment:

D said...

Hustle hard son. Hope you saw some of Wimbledon, that was real good. Look forward to your return, call my foolness sometime.