Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wow, A Computer

Yup, they're harder to find when you get out this way. Not that people don't have them, there are just fewer people around, and libraries have hours that don't usually work for me. Anyway, I'm in Missouri now, which is a huge relief, I feel like I've actually done something. I think I passed the 1000 mile mark either yesterday or today, which is also a plus. I've been clipping along at about 50 miles per day, and today was my relative high at about 60 (I was trying to beat the rain, which actually still has yet to make an appearance). Let me tell you something about Eastern Missouri. It's FLAT. This means when wind is in your face, it's pretty strong. It also means that the scenery doesn't change, and that you can see the exact spot where you will ultimately end up in about an hour and a half. It also means that I feel great having gotten through it. I've been meeting tons of great people, including Cheryl and Cliff, Steven and Chris, Kerry, and Travis and Reagan. I was actually stopped by a TV car yesterday, and I think I was on the news on CBS because today everyone around here knows who I am and what I am doing. Check it out at www.kfvs12.com (I think). Anyway, I'm out of time on this computer.

No comments: